St. Patrick's Day is such a fun holiday for the kids. Leprechauns, rainbows and gold....who doesn't love all of those stories? My son and I created this giant "Catch a Leprechaun" brownie recipe that will indeed catch about anyone who gets a bite :)
We took some of our favorite cookies and treats to make these chocolate brownies irresistible! I had a very special helper in the kitchen that gave some very helpful step-by-step instructions on how to make these knock out brownies! Enjoy.
Ingredients for Brownies:
Ingredients for Frosting:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 11x7 inch baking dish with foil with edges folding over the top of the baking dish and spray with cooking spray.
2. Prepare chocolate brownie batter according to package directions. Pour half of brownie batter into bottom of prepared dish.
Time for the cookies! These Keebler Grasshopper Cookies are a family favorite.
3. Place your cookies into a large zip top bag and grab your favorite rolling pin. Crush all of the cookies into tiny pieces. Pour your cookies into a medium mixing bowl.
They should look like this, nice and crumbled.
4. Mix your cookies with the cream cheese.
5. Once the cookies and cream cheese are mixed, use a cookie scoop or spoon to place dollops evenly over the brownie layer.
Now for the Rice Krispies Treats!
6. Cut each of the Treats into nine little squares.
7. Pour mini marshmallows over the cookies and cream cheese layer.
8. Then top with the cut pieces of Rice Krispies Treats.
9. pour remaining chocolate brownie mix over treats. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes clean from center. Let cool completely.
Perfect! A toothpick should come clean when poked through the center.
10. To prepare frosting, beat softened butter, powdered sugar and milk until well combined. Drop a few drops of green food coloring into frosting to get a nice light green color. Lift cooled brownies out of pan using edges of foil to lift out. Frost with frosting and sprinkle with white nonpareils if desired. Cut squares and serve.
A Magical Time is Waiting
What could be more magical than spending some Disney time with your family? Winning an unforgettable Disney Parks vacation from Kellogg!