Fun Kids Lunchtime Ideas
Creating some of these fun and easy lunches will jazz up your child’s lunchtime routine, and bring a smile to their face! They take just minutes to make and are easy enough so the kids can help. Preparing a fun lunch that your child can help assemble is also a great way to encourage creativity in the kitchen, and it makes the meal even more fun to eat!
Ingredients for Dinosaur Lunch:
Directions for Dinosaur Lunch:
- Take a piece of bread and cut off the left top corner of the bread with kitchen scissors.
- Cut the crust off the other side and shape the head of the dinosaur.
- Take the cut out piece of bread and use that as a guide to cut the other piece. Make the sandwich.
- Place Cheez-It crackers in between the bread slices in the top for the spikes.
- Place 4 Cheez-It crackers in the bottom for the feet.
- Cut a marshmallow in half and place on the head for the eye.
- Snip off a small piece from a raisin with a knife or kitchen scissors to make the pupil and the mouth.
- Cut a piece of the bread scraps to make a tail.
Now you can feed your hungry dinosaurs!
Ingredients for Puppy Lunch:
Directions for Puppy Lunch:
- Make a sandwich and turn the sandwich upside down.
- Place a dark grape on the face for the nose.
- Place 2 blueberries on for the eyes. Cut small strawberry in half for the tongue.
- Place 2 Flipside Crackers on the top corners for the puppy ears.
- Add 2 Keebler Scooby-Doo graham cracker sticks on the bottom sides of the sandwich in between the bread to look like the puppy is eating a big bone.
Woof Woof! Bone Appetit!
Ingredients for Sun, Moon and Stars Lunch:
Directions for Sun, Moon and Stars:
- Make a sandwich of your choice.
- Take a glass or round cookie cutter and press down on the sandwich to make a circle.
- Take a handful of Cheez-It Duoz Monterey Jack crackers and place in between the bread and around the sandwich.
- Use a slice of strawberry to make the mouth.
- Place on 2 blueberries to make the eyes.
- Use a banana for the moon.
- Use a handful of Cheez-It Duoz Cheddar crackers for the stars.
This recipe will be sure to make your child's day sunny and bright!
Ingredients for Zoo Lunch:
Directions to Make Zoo Lunch:
- Spread peanut butter on one piece of bread.
- Cut out the middle of another piece of bread (the end piece of the loaf works great) leaving the edges.
- Place the cut out piece of bread on top of the peanut butter bread.
- Place a few Keebler Animal Crackers on top.
- Place 4 pretzel sticks on top of the Keebler Animal Crackers.
Now your kids can have a lunch-time trip to the "zoo"!
Ingredients for Car Lunch:
Directions to Make Car Lunch:
- Make a sandwich.
- Cut the top corners out to look like a car.
- Cut the crust off of the top.
- Cut a piece from the provolone cheese to look like a window. Cut that in half and place on the car sandwich.
- Line Special K Multi-Grain Crackers under car for the road.
- Place 2 Keebler Right Bites Mini Fudges Bite cookies on the bottom for tires.
- Serve with Kellogg's Cars Fruit Flavored Snacks.
Check out more Back to School tips and tricks from the Snackpicks bloggers. And, try some of our creative fun snack ideas that are great for a birthday party, or just because!