Looking to simplify your life? Get started with Tara's easy to make recipes that taste delicious and were created with the whole family in mind. Tara is the co-author of All In Good Time and the creator of the family-friendly recipe blog, Unsophisticook as well as the popular money-saving blog, Deal Seeking Mom. Tara lives in Ohio with her husband and five children.
Whether you're a die-hard college basketball fan or not, it's hard not to get caught up in the enthusiasm of choosing your favorite teams in each bracket and watching the inevitable upsets along the way. And a March basketball party isn't a party without some great party snack mixes to sustain your viewing marathon.
One of our family favorites is a fun twist on the traditional party snack mix that's made using a very untraditional – yet super convenient method, your slow cooker! Using Crispix cereal and your favorite flavor of Cheez-It crackers (we used the new Mozzarella flavor!), this easy party mix is sure to be a real crowd pleaser. As an added bonus, this recipe requires minimal supervision, allowing you to focus on your guests and the game.
1. Mix Cheez-It crackers, Crispix, pretzel sticks, and mixed nuts in a 6-quart or larger slow cooker.
2. Whisk together melted butter; Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt and garlic powder. Then pour wet ingredients over cereal mixture. Mix well.
3. Cook uncovered on high for approximately 90 minutes, stirring about every 30 minutes.
4. Turn the slow cooker down to low and cook uncovered for an additional 20 minutes, stirring frequently (about every 10 minutes).
5. Spread on a cookie sheet to cool.
Enjoy and let the March Munchies begin!