Kellie is the creative mind behind many of Snackpicks' Fun Snacks. She first became inspired after being tired of giving her kids the same old sandwich, lunch and snacks. On Snackpicks, Kellie shares her ideas and breaks down the Fun Snacks into simple steps to inspire everyone to 'play' with their food and add sunshine to their little ones' days. Kellie's personal blog can be found at Little Nummies.net.
1. Place the Keebler Fudge Stripes Cookies stripes down, spaced evenly on wax paper.
2. In a small, heavy saucepan, melt candy coating and shortening over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in desired food coloring.
3. Using a fork, dip one marshmallow at a time into melted candy coating.
4. Use a chopstick or skewer to scrape off the excess melted candy coating from bottom of fork.
5. Using the same chopstick or skewer push the coated marshmallow centered on top of a cookie. The heat from the melted coating will make it adhere nicely!
6. Place hat in the refrigerator for about 20 min until the coating has set.
7. Once chilled, use yellow tubed icing and decorate the hat with a buckle.
Enjoy!! Happy Thanksgiving!!