Greek Style Lettuce Tacos Filled with Crumbles Recipe
Here's fusion cooking--a hybrid of Latino and European cooking--lettuce tacos with Greek flavors.
Preparation Time: 40 Mins.
Total Time to Serve: 1 Hour 20 Mins.
low-fat plain yogurt
bottled minced garlic
peeled, seeded and shredded cucumber
ripe avocado, seeded and finely chopped
vegetable oil, divided
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon
ground red pepper
MorningStar Farms® Meal Starters® Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™
butterhead lettuce or Boston lettuce (about 1 head)
radicchio lettuce (about 1 head)
1 1/2 cups
chopped plum tomatoes
very thinly sliced red onion
Kalamato olived or ripe olives, pitted and halved
chopped fresh flat leaf parsley or fresh parsley
chopped fresh oregano
1. For sauce, in small bowl stir together yogurt, 2 teaspoons oil, lemon juice, garlic and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Stir in cucumber and avocado. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 24 hours.
2. In medium bowl combine 1 tablespoon of the oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice, chili powder, cumin, red pepper, salt and pepper. Stir in MORNINGSTAR FARMS MEAL STARTERS GRILLERS RECIPE CRUMBLES. Let stand at room temperature for 40 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place butterhead and radicchio leaves in large bowl. Cover with very cold water. Let stand for 2 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
4. For relish, in medium bowl stir together tomatoes, onion, olives, parsley, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice and oregano. Set aside.
5. In large nonstick skillet cook and stir Recipe Crumbles and marinade in remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat about 3 minutes or until heated through.
6. Prepare lettuce cups by lining a leaf of butterhead lettuce with a leaf of radicchio. Spoon Crumbles mixture into cups. Top with tomato relish. Spoon dollops of yogurt sauce on each. Serve immediately.